Kilimanjaro is a compelling symbol of East Africa. It is the highest peak on the African continent and the tallest free-standing mountain in the world. It stands 5,895 metres (19,336 feet) high and to reach its summit is the dream of many adventurers worldwide. We can offer you an all inclusive climb to make this dream come true.
There are several routes to climb Kilimanjaro, taking from 5 to 7 days. This itinerary detailed below is based on taking the Lemosho route of 8 days/7 nights, and gives you the most spectacular views on route and the best opportunity to acclimatise gradually to ensure you reach the summit.
We can tailor your climb to any numbers of days based on your needs, just contact us to discuss your requirements.
The start of your dream to climb Mount Kilimanjaro starts when we meet and greet you at the airport/hotel in Moshi and brief you on your climb that starts early the next day.
After breakfast drive to Londorossi Park Gate (2250m / 7380ft, 2.5 hours). From here a forest track requiring a 4WD vehicle leads to Lemosho Glades (2390m / 7830ft, 11km, 45 minutes). Walk along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite.
After breakfast, we continue as the trail gradually steepens and enters the giant heather moorland zone. Several streams are crossed as we rise to the Shira Ridge at 3600m / 11,810ft and then drop down to Shira 1 camp on the Shira Plateau.
After breakfast, a gentle walk across the Plateau leads to Shira 2 camp on the moorland meadows. A variety of walks are available on the Plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day.
From the Shira Plateau, we continue east, passing the junction towards the peak of Kiboand then South East towards the Lava Tower, called the “Shark’s Tooth.” Shortly after the tower, we come to the second junction which brings us up to the Arrow Glacier at an altitude of 4876 meters / 15,997 ft. We continue down to the Barranco Hut at an altitude of 3860 meters / 12,664 ft. Here we rest, enjoy dinner, and overnight. Although you end the day at the same elevation as when you started, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body prepare for summit day.
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge passing the Barranco Wall, to the Karanga Valley (4200m / 13,780 ft) campsite.
After breakfast, we leave the Karanga Valley and pass the junction which connects with the Mweka Trail. We continue to the Barafu Hut, which is located at an altitude of 4600 meters (15,092 ft). You will have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from different angles. Here we make camp, rest, enjoy dinner, and prepare for the summit day. The two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo are to be seen from this position
Early morning we continue our way to the summit of Uhuru Peak at 5985 meters (19,636 ft) – a climb of 6 hours. At Uhuru Peak, you will have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa! Fast hikers will see the sunrise from the summit. From the summit, we now make our descent down to the Mweka Hut camp site at 3100 meters (10,171 ft) – a walk of 5 hours. In the evening, you enjoy our last dinner on the mountain and a well-earned sleep!
After breakfast, we continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate. A vehicle will meet you at Mweka village to drive you back to your hotel. It is time now to celebrate your achievements! Overnight Neneu Hotel Half Board.
On the day of departure we will transfer you to the airport for travel to your next destination.
Our all inclusive service for climbing Kilimanjaro includes:-
– Pick up from the airport/local town
– All Government park fees
– Food 3 meals a day
– Drinking water
– Professional Guide, Porters & Cooks
– Camping facilities & Cooking utensils
– Transport two ways to the park gate
– Standard Mountain gear in case you don’t have your own (e.g. tent, sleeping bag etc.)
– Two nights’ accommodation in the hotel Neneu Hotel
– Rescue during mountain climbing
2015-16 PRICES (USD) FOR SPECIFIC MT.KILIMANJARO ROUTES
|No of People||Marangu 5 Days||Marangu 6 Days||Machame 6 Days||Machame 7 Days||Lemosho 7 Days||Lemosho 8 Days||Rongai 6 days||Rongai 7 Days|
– Umbwe Route is same price as Machame.
– Shira and Western Breach is same price as Lemosho.
– For extra days on the mountain add $250 for all routes, except Marangu add only 200
– Price includes budget hotel before and after the hikes
– Prices for other hotels and stay of extra days are available on request
Included in the price:
1. Airport transfer to and from the mountain
2. All fees payable to Tanzania National Parks (TANAPA0, Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) and village authorities
3. All crew – driver guides, hiking guides, cooks and porters.
4. All camping equipment
5. 3 meals a day served on the mountain, drinking water and tea/coffee
6. Transfers to and from the mountain
7. Climbing briefing prior to the Kilimanjaro hike
8. Rescue Fee
1. Personal clothing (Equipment is available for hire)
2. Sodas/ alcoholic drinks
3. Tips/gratuities (Please do not forget to tip your guides)
4. Visas/Travel Insurance and International flights.
5. Hotels in Moshi and Arusha
6. Other things of personal nature (e.g. phone calls, laundry, transport other than specified)